The BERC Energy Summit, in its 11th year, is the premier and largest student-run energy conference on the West Coast. The event draws around 600 students, researchers, clean technology entrepreneurs, policy makers, and industry leaders to discuss the world's most pressing energy challenges each year. It will feature 5 panels on pressing energy topics, the Berkeley Innovation Expo, and the announcement of the winner of the Department of Energy’s $50,000 Cleantech University Prize (in partnership with UC Berkeley), and 2 networking events with appetizers and drinks.
This year’s event comes at a critical moment, just one month after the Presidential Inauguration, and panel content will explore how the energy industry will develop going forward.
- Federal Energy Policy under the Trump Administration: What’s next for scaling up renewable energy?
- Automated Transportation: Will self-driving technology bring in a new era of energy-efficient mobility?
- Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement: Will businesses lead the charge towards cleaner power?
- Equity in the Clean Energy Economy: Can the green jobs economy fulfill its promise to all people?
- Debate: Can we rely on energy efficiency to contribute significantly to achieving California’s 2030 greenhouse gas emission reduction goals?